Delivery of pharmaceutical and medical cargo is now more important than ever. Transportation of medicines can be carried out as a commercial delivery or humanitarian aid. The high demand for medicines is driving a huge demand for trucking pharmaceuticals.
The divinetrans.com has all the necessary resources to meet the conditions and requirements. Highly qualified specialists will do everything possible to deliver the cargo entrusted to them, quickly, efficiently and reliably.
Rules for the transportation of medicines
Pharmaceutical cargo refers to temperature and at the same time fragile, so the transportation of medicines must be carried out strictly according to certain rules. Each medical product must be delivered intact and retain all its qualities, because someone’s life and health may depend on it. To do this, the correct packaging and transport temperature must be ensured. These are minimum requirements and do not guarantee that pharmaceutical products will arrive at their destination safe and sound.
Each transport company that is engaged in road transportation of medicines must adhere to the following rules:
1. The required temperature and climatic conditions must be maintained in the vehicle.
2. The vehicle for the delivery of medicines must be used only for the transportation of this group of goods or food products similar to the conditions of transportation.
3. The vehicle carrying the cargo must have a special certificate and be sanitized before each new flight.
4. Packing of medicines in containers for transportation occurs exclusively at the manufacturer’s factory. Appropriate labeling must be applied to the packaging.
5. Loading and unloading operations must be carried out exclusively in closed areas protected from the environment. The place of carrying out this type of work must be clean and comply with sanitary standards.
6. The package in which the medicinal product is located should not come into contact with the ground, wet floors or other surfaces without sanitization.
Compliance with the temperature regime
Each individual drug or pharmacological preparation has its own individual requirements for temperature and humidity. The temperature range for most of them is from -2 to +25 degrees. Therefore, the transportation of such cargo occurs by refrigerated transport. Refrigerated delivery allows you to maintain the required temperature in the cargo compartment at any time of the year. Modern refrigeration units can maintain a temperature regime within 0.5 degrees.
A transport company that carries out this kind of transportation needs a special license. In some cases, a pharmaceutical company may conclude a contract not for the provision of services, but for the rental of a car, then a special license for the carrier company is not needed.
The accompanying documentation for the transportation of medical cargo should consist of:
- an agreement between a transport and logistics company and a client;
- insurance policy for transported products;
- documentation to confirm the quality of drugs;
- waybill, which describes in detail the full list of drugs and their quantity;
- each employee involved in the transportation must have a medical book with an annual medical examination.
What transport is suitable for transporting medicines?
A special vehicle for the transport of medicines must support the autonomous operation of a refrigeration and heating unit that can maintain the necessary climatic conditions, regardless of the vehicle that transports.
Vehicles for the transport of medicines must be equipped with:
- security system;
- a system that controls access to the cargo;
- a device that records indicators of climatic conditions, temperature, humidity;
- fire safety system.
All these features are aimed at ensuring that the road delivery of vital goods is as safe as possible.
In order to secure your cargo, you need to choose a proven reliable carrier who has sufficient experience in the field of road transport of medicines and other pharmacological products. After all, the main criterion for the quality of such delivery is the speed of transportation, ensuring safety and proper climatic conditions in the cargo compartment.