US President Donald Trump dismissed on Monday his worries about the potential spread of coronavirus in the White House, but said he might restrict contact with Vice President Mike Pence. Trump, speaking to masked reporters in the Rose Garden White House, indicated that Pence was in quarantine because his press secretary had tested positive, but he didn’t tell so.
Katie Miller, Pence’s spokesperson, who leads the White House Coronavirus Task Force, screened coronavirus positive last week along with Trump’s personal valet. Three members of the Task Force have since gone into quarantine — Anthony Fauci, an infectious disease specialist, Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Stephen Hahn, president of the Food and Drug Administration.
During the weekend, Pence’s spokeswoman denied that the vice president was still in quarantine, but Trump indicated he was asked on Monday if he had contemplated restricting his interaction with him. “I would say that he and I will be talking about that,” Trump said at an occasionally testy press conference. “During this quarantine period, we’ll probably talk,” Trump said. “I have not seen him since then.”