The verdicts in two cases against Suu Kyi have been overturned


A court in junta-ruled Myanmar has suspended the verdicts in two cases filed against ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi until January 10. An informed source informed about this. This was stated in a report by the news agency Reuters on Monday.

One of the two cases was filed against him for possessing an unlicensed walkie-talkie. The court was to give verdict in two cases today.

The country’s junta has filed about a dozen lawsuits against Suu Kyi. The second is the case of keeping unlicensed walkie-talkies.

If convicted, Suu Kyi could face up to 100 years in prison if convicted.

Suu Kyi has denied all the allegations against her.

Supporters of Nobel Peace Prize laureate Suu Kyi say the charges against her are baseless. The lawsuits have been filed against Suu Kyi in a bid to keep the military in power.

Among the lawsuits filed against Suu Kyi by the junta government, the verdict was announced on December 8 in a case of incitement and violation of Koro’s restrictions. Suu Kyi pleaded guilty to the charges. He is serving a two-year sentence in an unknown location.

Suu Kyi, daughter of Myanmar’s freedom fighter. She is known as a pro-democracy leader at home and abroad.

Suu Kyi has long fought for democracy in Myanmar. He has been under house arrest for years for opposing the junta.

Suu Kyi was released in 2010. Suu Kyi won the National League for Democracy (NLD) landslide in the 2015 election. His party formed the government.

Myanmar held general elections in November last year. Suu Kyi’s party won the election again.

But the country’s military has accused the general election of rigging. However, the country’s election commission has denied the allegations.

On February 1, the country’s army staged a military coup in Myanmar. They overthrew Suu Kyi’s civilian government. The country has declared a state of emergency.

At the same time, the military junta arrested the country’s political leaders, including Suu Kyi.

Pro-democracy protesters in Myanmar have been protesting since the military coup. Thousands were killed in the protests.

Fourteen years later, the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto remains a mystery. This was stated in a report published online in Pakistan’s ‘The Express Tribune’.

Benazir Bhutto was assassinated on December 26, 2006 at an election rally in Liaquatabad, Rawalpindi. Monday marks the 14th anniversary of the killings.

Even in 14 years, the mystery of this murder could not be revealed. The masterminds of the killings are still out of reach.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *